How do I get my 3 year old to potty train?She was doing real good..then she just up and stopped.

She normally will go #2 everytime on the potty, but now I can't even get her to do that..I've tried stickers, toys, bribing basically..what now??

Asked by harleighs_momm at 9:42 AM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Put youy foot down tell her she will go. NO TREATS

Answer by madcat500 at 10:45 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• my son did that. he was doing great then one day he just changed his mind. i didn't know what to do. then on day my husband came home from work and saw that my son had pooed in his pants he got so mad. he told my son that if he wanted to act like a baby that we would treat him like a baby. we stopped letting him have things like ice cream and soda, we only let him play with his baby sisters toys. we really did treat him like a baby, at first he liked it. but about two days and he wanted his toys and cartoons back. and that was the last of the potty issues

Answer by Penny0222 at 2:37 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Well my daughter did the same thing and i had tried everything and my mom watches her and she had tried everything. So one day i had to take her to her aunts house who she don't see very often for the day and her aunt told her that it was time to use the potty and she told her that if she peed in her pull ups then she was going to whoop her butt and my daughter hasn't used her pull up since so what i recomend is letting them stay with someone else for a day or to and have them tell them they will whoop their butts if they pee. Maybe it will work it did with mine. Good luck.

Answer by lacey416 at 3:20 PM on Jun. 27, 2008