What is causing my Knee Pain?

A week and a half ago I slipped on a kids book left on the floor, My knee went to the side. I thought I could walk it off, Use and anti inflammatory and ice. I work at a hospital and I was on my feel all day on Thursday. My knee hurt so bad I could hardly stand it. Now there is a small, dark raised bruise just above the knee cap. The tendon behind the left side of my left knee, hurt when I put all my weight on it, it hurts when I twist the wrong way also. Have any of you had this happen, or have any advice, I don't really want to go to the doctor. Thank you.

zakityzak

Asked by zakityzak at 8:20 PM on Apr. 24, 2010 in Health

• Read the answer to your post in my Medical Questions group.... it's to long to post here...

http://www.cafemom.com/group/12688/forums/read/11277496/What_did_I_do_My_knee_hurts_Help_Please

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 1:34 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• You might have torn something. Get it checked out.
    Anonymous

• I agree with anon:23. I'm dealing with a slipped kneecap. I ignored it for a short time, but it got to the point where I couldn't walk at all! Feel better soon and good luck!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 8:47 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Do you recall any "popping" sound or sensation when you fell? You can tear something without that pop, but that's an obvious tell of soft connective tissue in the knee being torn.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 11:21 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Thank you, I did give a better answer in that post and a picture of exactly where the injury is. There was no pop sound, I had that when I sprained my ankle 17 years ago. That was a moderate sprain. Thank you all!!
    zakityzak

Answer by zakityzak at 7:24 PM on Apr. 25, 2010