Meatballs

Does anyone have a good meatball recipe? I want to make spaghetti and meatballs.

mom2twingirl797

Asked by mom2twingirl797 at 8:23 PM on Apr. 24, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Hi :) I;ve not made meatballs, but www.allrecipes.com is my fav recipe site because people rate their favorite recipes, so you can look at the highest rated meatball recipes, and read what people have added or have to say about thei experience. Hope this helps :)

Danielle
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 8:39 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Mix with ground beef (I sometimes use the meatloaf mix). Add parm cheese, an egg, soy sauce, salt and pepper, garlic and bread crumbs. Mix together and form into balls. Then fry or bake until done.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:06 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• ground beef
    tablespoon tomatoe paste - you can add remaining tomato paste to your sauce
    italian bread crunbs
    1 packet dried onion soup mix
    1 egg

mix together and then form meatballs.
    You can cook them in a frying pan. I like to broil them so that some of the grease drips off. After the meatballs have been browned place in sauce and simmer.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 11:30 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
    1/2 c. bread crumbs
    1/3 c. paremsan cheese
    1/4 c. chopped onion
    1-2 cloves minced garlic (I use 2 we like garlic!)
    1 t. Italian seasoning (I grind it in the palm of my hand with my other palm to make it finer)
    1 egg
    2 T. grape jelly (sounds weird but this is the secret weapon...it adds flavor, moistness and a touch of sweetness plus it helps give a nice crust when you pan fry them)

I roll these into small balls and pan fry in a little bit of canola oil. I cook them until done and do not put them in the sauce. We eat them on the side.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 1:20 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• the above recipie is close to mine, except I go heavy on the Basil, rather than Italian seasoning. Also I learned long ago that little bitty meatballs are not the way to go. Bigger is better as in Tennis ball size, It changes the whole dynamics of the flavor. Rather than fry, I microwave them till done, works just great.
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 5:44 AM on Apr. 28, 2010