Could you share your pet flying experiences?

I want to know anything and everything. I have 2 large dogs and a cat to move very far and I want it to be as easy on them as possible but price is a big issue. I can't find rates online so I guess I'll be on the phone a lot of tomorrow trying to get specifics. Til then, I'd like to hear from pet parents who have already gone through it. My cat MAY be small enough to fly in the cabin with me. Is this a logical choice when traveling with a toddler? It's $125. Is that better or worse than what I can expect to pay if she weren't in the cabin? Please inform me of everything you recall. What airline, how much, what the policies were, how your pet handled it, etc.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:51 PM on Apr. 24, 2010 in Pets

• I have a Chi/Yorkie mix & she has flown with me alot- She is Always on the plane with me and i have paid anywhere from $50 to $150- We have flown on United,JetBlue & American airlines- You need to make reservations b/c only one pet is allowed on the plane per flight- She does O.K. flying but my vet gives her a Valium, so she is not a Nervous Wreck- I think you will probably have somewhat of a hard time with a cat & a toddler- They have to be in a carrier & under the seat- I would look some up online; you can probably get most of your ?'s answered without being on the phone for Hours! Wishing you lots of luck!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 6:36 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• we flew two dogs from Germany back to the US. But they went as cargo and into a pressurized cabin in the plane's belly. It was a military flight so no carrier. We were told not to medicate our dogs since if something hppened to them at 30,000 nothing could be done. We paid 80 per dog. Needed a hard sided kennel made for airline use. Large dogs can not fly in the cabin.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:36 AM on Apr. 26, 2010