How old is too old for a jumper?

She'll be 1 year May 14th and I dont know if I should move her on to something else. Thats one of the only times we can step away and get anything done!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Apr. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What is a jumper?
    When I opened this I thought you meant an astro-jump.... like you see at birthday parties.
    Anonymous

• Ours specifically says it can be used until the child starts walking.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 8:55 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• walking
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:56 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• She's not walking yet?

My DD was small enough to still fit in a jumper when she was one, but didn't need it.
    My son is 10 months, and I'd put him in it if he wasn't walking yet...but he's been walking a couple months now.

Anyway...I mine said on the box a specific weight I think...so check your box...and if you don't have it anymore...look it up online where you bought it. Like if you bought it at wal mart....you should be able to look it up and see what the weight or age limit is on it. Good luck. Happy Early Birthday to the little one.
    Anonymous

• I have a friend that kept her son in one (one of the doorway ones) until he was two. He is a crazy boy and that kept him entertained and they could get other things done and not worry about him getting into everything. He also has a small build so he fit in it just fine.
    Anonymous

• Shes not walking yet. But shes pulling up on stuff and crawls like a beast! She weighs about 20 lbs. She started late on walking and crawling because the house we lived in wasnt sanitary for her to be on the floor so I kept her off of it. As soon as we moved into the new apartment...she was crawling within a week. So would now be a good time to kick the jumper? What could replace it? She has a walker but doesnt go forward & we pretty much just use it for her to eat her snacks(since it has a tray and we dont have a high chair)
    xcherrypiex08

Answer by xcherrypiex08 at 2:22 PM on Apr. 25, 2010