getting harder!

Good God... it is getting harder to parent her (15). I knew it would. She needs more family time and hubby is crazy busy at work. Hard to motivate all 3 kids to spend "family" time when dad isnt there. Not sure how to go about this.

It seems that if she has too much time with friends she starts getting mouthy, rude, demanding, etc..........when we reel her in and have more family time, whole days together, a week of family meals... she is easier and actually happy and fun.

But with hubby busy at work for about another 3 weeks... I feel Im loosing control... feel like they dont see it as "family" time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:59 PM on Apr. 24, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Do a family game night once or twice a week. Game night, or movie night...something where one or two specific days a week, at a certain time, you all get together, even if hubby can't make it because of work...and sit down, and play cards, or board games, and/or watch a movie together...no exceptions. That may help. =) Good luck. I remember what it was like to be that age....it was only 6 years ago lol. I couldn't stand to be around my family then though haha.
    Anonymous

• Does your husband have like 30 minutes to meet yall for lunch on weekends, or can he chat with her online from the office? What does your daughter like to do together?
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 9:02 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• :(
    Thats a tough one.
    Maybe if the less family time recently is affecting her a bit more than the other children, maybe you can spend some one on one time with her, go to lunch, a movie,a walk in the park or something?
    Got to love the teen years!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:02 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Don't lose control and never ever let them know or think that you are...kids will take advantage of every situation that they can because they can pick up on certain things....
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 4:40 PM on Apr. 26, 2010