Errr Another false alarm? Im not sure...?

For the few who have been helping me and answering the billions of questions iv been asking... Thank you.

But iv got another one... Im STILL having contractions every 2-3mins (for a week now!) my doctor checks me every apointment but theres no change. My outter cervix is soft and 1-2cm but the inner cervix is still closed and babys head is high.

I refuse to go back to the hospital for them to pump me full of drugs to try and stop the contractions anymore cause its not working. But i dont know when i should he conserned. The contractions cant get much closer together and they are slowly getting stronger everyday. When do i go back to the hospital, when im hunched in a ball and cant breath? Im refusing all drugs so its useless to go for another false alarm, but how will i know the difference? I have a very very high pain tolerance so i cant really go by that one... ???

Keaton_Hazel

Asked by Keaton_Hazel at 9:15 PM on Apr. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It sounds like you are having Braxton Hicks contractions. To tell the difference between them and actually being in labor...

• Change your activity or position. Sometimes walking provides relief. At other times, resting eases contractions. (True labor contractions, on the other hand, will persist and progress regardless of what you do.)

• Take a warm bath to help your body relax.

• Try drinking a couple of glasses of water, since these contractions can sometimes be brought on by dehydration.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 9:27 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Oh no no no... These are real actual preterm contractions. I spent three days in the hospital on all kinds of drugs to stop them but nothing worked and there is no change so i was sent home on more pain killers but again not working.
    Keaton_Hazel

Answer by Keaton_Hazel at 9:47 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• This happened to me with my first pregnancy so I feel your pain! At one point my contractions were 1 minute apart and I had to stay in the hospital for a week and I had turb. shots and the drip meds that I can never remember the name of, except I know it made me feel like I was on fire. Any who, this all started happening when I was 34 weeks but my cervix never made any changes. My OB finally took my son with a C-Section at 36 weeks and he weighed 8lbs 8oz. My doctor told me that sometimes your body can think it is ready to have the baby but your cervix isn't agreeing. Just hang in there though, I truly know how frustrating it is!
    RobinE8

Answer by RobinE8 at 10:54 PM on Apr. 24, 2010