Going back and forth with brands of formula???????

My 2 week old is on Good Start Soy...I got a free can of Similac Soy, can I use that brand or should I stick with one brand??

TiffanieAnn

Asked by TiffanieAnn at 9:19 PM on Apr. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can try the free formula - it should not make much difference. If your baby doesn't tolerate it well, you will know!
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 9:31 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• If the Good Start is working, I'd stick with that. It's not good for infants' tummies -- especially newborns -- to go back and forth like that.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:47 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Try it. Some babies tolerate changing brands and other don't. My daughter did fine when I switched to one brand but not to another.
    Anonymous

• If you just got one free can, & aren't going to get anymore, I wouldn't even bother risking it. I know formula is expensive, but it seems like the risk wouldn't be worth it for just one can.
    Now if you are trying to switch to a different brand permanently, sure, go for it.
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 6:40 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I would only switch if necessary. We have had to try several different formulas with my DS and every time we switch it is an adjustment period. For just a small sample can, you might end up with a miserable kid for that whole time only to go back and have to switch again. If you are going to make a permanent switch, then go ahead.
    mupt02

Answer by mupt02 at 10:21 AM on Apr. 25, 2010