Do infant boys get rashes after having a circumcision?

it's not on his penis its above it...could it be from the stitches or from the neosporin antibiotic ointment?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Apr. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He may be having an allergic reaction to Neosporin. Just try to keep that area dry and clean. If the rash persists, take him back to the doctor.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 9:29 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• my son didnt hae stitches, he had a cap and tie, IDK how to explain it, but he didn't get a rash as a result of it. however he could just be irritated in general from trauma to the area. Just keep it clean and dry, and be sure to keep the ointment on the skin they cut. That is VERY important. Im sure he will be fine. If it gets worse tho be sure to see his doctor.
    WhiteTigerLily

Answer by WhiteTigerLily at 1:17 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• nothing i can say that hasnt been said. all i can do is reiterate the importance of keeping it clean and dry. pull back the skin near the tip, thats the important part. i dont remember my son having any rash. same as others, talk to the doc if it doesnt go away or gets worse.
    m4m4

Answer by m4m4 at 1:28 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• Nope. We didn't use neosporin tho. We used hospital grade Vaseline. It gives the lubrication that the head needs not to stick And there's not a whole heck of a lot in it that can irritate his skin.
    None of my boys had stitches. They just wrapped a piece of gauze around the tip where they were cut.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 1:37 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• Both my sons are circ. and neither had a rash, just a little seeping around the area. Your son may be allergic to the anti bacterial ointment.
    mom2boys1997

Answer by mom2boys1997 at 2:36 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• my son didn't have a rash or stitches, maybe the neosporin is irritating him since its medicated,babies skin is delicate, keep it clean and let it air out as much as possible. try plain old Vaseline and see if that works.
    latinmama511

Answer by latinmama511 at 2:58 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• UGH all the more reason I'm glad I didn't circumcise my boys. No stitches to worry about, no OPEN wound to clean... BTW if your boy had to have stitches, it's because they fucked up during the circumcision. STITCHES ARE NOT NORMAL, or common! Chances are they took off too much foreskin, or there was an amputation of some sort. if i were you, OP, I'd get a copy of his medical records ASAP, and look at getting a lawyer. And next time, LEAVE PERFECTION ALONE.
    Anonymous

• Stitches!!! What did they do to your poor baby?!
    Cassieniccole

Answer by Cassieniccole at 8:39 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• @ Cassie...they butchered him, plain and simple. When are women going to realize how barbaric this "procedure" truly is, AND LEARN TO SAY NO?! How many more perfect baby boys have to endure horrific pain and trauma for society? hasn't society gotten enough from our boys?
    Anonymous

• It sure sounds like they messed something up. My boy is intact, just the thought of cutting up his penis is horrifying! I have cared for my circumcised brothers when they were infants and none of them ever had stitches or rashes. I really think that OP needs to take her baby to a different doctor and have her baby looked at.
    Cassieniccole

Answer by Cassieniccole at 10:01 PM on Apr. 25, 2010