I HAVE BEEN GETTING REALLY SHARP PAIN IN MY STOMACH COULD I BE PREGANT

WE BEEN TRYING TO HAVE A BABY

tracy830

Asked by tracy830 at 9:49 PM on Apr. 24, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Cramp-like pains at the beginning of a pregnancy are quite common. They can feel like sharp shooting pains on either side of the abdomen and can stretch down into the groin area. This sensation is due to the stretching of the ligaments in the pelvis that help keep a woman's womb stable. The ligaments are being stretched during early pregnancy because the uterus is growing and putting pressure on the muscles that surround it. This sensation is more pronounced with a first pregnancy.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 9:51 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Take a pregnancy test, then see your doctor whether or not the test is positive.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 9:52 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• It's not normal in the beginning. You may just be getting ready to have a period
    Anonymous

• with both of my children i thought i was getting ready to start my period and i ended up being pregnant, so i did have cramps and i was pregnant both times so it can happen
    crystaaal

Answer by crystaaal at 7:05 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• ANON 5:31 that is not true....I have 2 babies 5 years and 2 years with both of them I had cramps like I was about to start my period and I would have my belly hurt like I had a belly ache and I was pregnant and both of mine were healthy babies, pregnancies and deliveries
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:30 PM on Apr. 25, 2010