5 years old boy asking to forgive him for any things. Normal or not ?

My little sweet boy, way to sweet. If he will not respond to my question on time, or will forget to do something, or hurt me by acsident, he just go so wild, asking me to forgive him, kissing me, crying....
It is hurt me sooooooooo much, to see how much he worried about to hurt my fillings. Do you thing it is normal for 5 years old ? Is anybody had a same situation ?
Thanks.

laygla

Asked by laygla at 10:39 PM on Apr. 24, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

Level 1 (-7 Credits)
  • My daughter is kind of like that. She's 9 and she says she's sorry a million times a day even for things she has no control over. I try to tell her that she doesn't need to be sorry for certain things but she still insists on saying it.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:51 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• My son used to be like that when he was 3 or 4, he's 5 now. It was coming from my instability, and instability in the home. I had some anger problems and issues i had to get taken care of to be a better mother.
    AlleyK

Answer by AlleyK at 11:05 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• Just tell him you forgive him and that it is ok to make mistakes, forget things, etc. That makes us human and as long as we learn from our mistakes, it is ok. It sounds like he just needs reassurance that you are not mad at him when he makes mistakes. How do you act when he does these things? Do you yell, overeact, etc? Try to stay calm and explain that it is ok and give him a hug and TELL him that he is forgiven. If that doesn't work, I would have him evlauated by a child counselor.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:14 PM on Apr. 25, 2010