headaches, headaches and more of them all day long..

i drink water all day, i get enough sleep, i've taken benedryl cus i thought i was allergies then i took some Day Quil and that didnt help because i thought i had a sinus headache..... is having frequent headaches a pregnancy symptom? cus i cannot figure this out!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 PM on Apr. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Could be high blood pressure.
    Anonymous

• Yes, it could be high blood pressure...call UR doc and see if they can check it out (or go to one of those things at the local pharmacy to check it out for you). Otherwise, if it is just headaches or even a migraine, you can take the Excedrin TENSION HEADACHE. It HAS to be the Tension Headache one because that is the only one that does not have aspirin in it for that brand. :) HTH!
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 11:04 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I had my first painful migraine during this pregnancy, and after that experience, I had all these women telling me "oh, I got migraines when I was pregnant too."

My blood pressure was normal, but my doc mentioned blood flow changes that happen during pregnancy (the blood vessels themselves contracting and dilating) being a common cause of headache during pregnancy.

Do go see a doc if you can't shake the headache, they'll want to be sure your blood pressure is okay, and can help with pregnancy-safe pain control.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 11:44 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I have had headaches all day long, because where I live it has done nothing but rain, and storm. It could be the weather or sinus pressure build up as well. I hate having a head ache they usually make me sick to my stomach, and feel useless because I get so aggravted. Check your blood pressure as well, and if it continues on tomorrow without the weather being the way it is, call your doctor.
    skylarsmommy24

Answer by skylarsmommy24 at 1:33 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I have them too, the only thing that helps me is caffeine. I know it sounds bad (and I'm one to cut out all caffeine during pregnancy) but my headaches have been so bad my ob gave me a prescription for a headache medicine and somehow caffeine seems safer. It's a natural headache remedy since it affects the blood vessels in your head, so when I get a headache I drink something with caffeine and I get relief within 20-30 minutes. These headaches are so horrible, I can't tell you how nice it is to have finally found some relief, it's worth a try.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:10 AM on Apr. 25, 2010