What's a migrane?

I always thought migranes were SEVERE headaches that left you withering in pain to the point you couldn't do anything and made light extrememly sensitive but the other day I had a sharp pain in the one side of my forehead that kept pounding (but it wasn't THAT bad just not a normal headache type pain) and someone said something about a migrane. Is that what a migrane really is?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 PM on Apr. 24, 2010 in Health

• Migraines can be different for everyone. The intensity can be different each time you get one too. Some people have THROBBING pain, some get nauseous, some see auras. Mine are always in the temple area and behind the eyes. When it gets really bad, the pain travels all down my neck and into my shoulders as well. Sometimes you can feel one coming on and sometimes it happens in an instant. Certain things can trigger them as well (certain foods, change of weather, if UR about to start UR period, etc etc)So...really, it depends on the person.

There's also a thing called Cluster Headaches which are sort of similar to migraines.
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 11:02 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• Your friend probably mentioned a migraine because it was throbbing and just in one part of your head; which are common symptoms.

My doctor described a migraine as a sort of electrical storm in the head, and I've actually had one diagnosed with no pain at all, I just had the weird visual aura and speech difficulty for a little while.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 11:19 PM on Apr. 24, 2010