What's it like having a 2 year old?

My little boo boo will be turning 2 in June!!! I can't believe she is getting so big!

What can I expect during the next year? Can you give me some insight?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on Apr. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• Absolutely what Avrah said!!! And so you know ahead of time: baking soda, corn starch, baby powder to get Vaseline out!!! Really watch what is within their reach because what you least expect will be used as a toy or to "help". Tantrums either start or get much worse but they say some adorable stuff and are so loving that at the end of they day it doesn't matter what they did!!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 1:12 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I don't know but I have 21 month old twins and I think they're already starting the terrible twos..... A lot of people say three is worse...Errr.....uh oh....!!!!

KILL ME NOW! lol
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 11:04 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I can't friend you since you're anon but feel free to message me a friend request...we can commiserate and support each other and hopefully stay sane.... lol...
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 11:05 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• its fun as long as thats what you make it. but do expect tantrum after tantrum over absolutely nothing for atleast the next year. it is fun though cuz you can take them cool places and explain things. they love to explore and learn things and they are like sponges. if you dont want them saying something do not say it around them, even if you think they are not listening!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:16 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• DEFINITELY watch what you say around her....she will be like a sponge/pete the repeat parrot!!!! take that 100% serious! sometimes its like you wanna pull ur hair some of the stuff they do and get into...and sometimes they are so sweet and say jus the cutest things.....its def a roller coaster ride! but all the good times make up for the bad thats for sure!
    momOF2Girls0710

Answer by momOF2Girls0710 at 11:24 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• A typical day includes:

At least one tantrum, usually in public.

The inability to grocery shop or do any other chore outside of the house that needs to be done.

The inability to do any chore inside of the house that needs to be done (like making dinner).

Meals will be screamed for.

Meals will shortly thereafter be on the floor.

At least once a week will be a giant cataclysmic event like an entire jar of vaseline being rubbed into your carpet or the dog getting a haircut or Sharpee.

*sigh Sharpee. 'nuff said.

In return, though, you'll get snuggles like crazy and if you thought baby kisses were awesome, there's NOTHING that compares to Toddler smoochies. :)

Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 11:28 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• A typical day includes:

Meals will be screamed for.

*sigh Sharpee. 'nuff said.

--------------------

OMFG this made me laugh out loud spontaneously and I woke up my husband...lol
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 12:04 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I have went through the two's three times so far. The first two times was a breeze! They did get into stuff but not as much as my son does NOW. He gets into everything. He knows better yet still does it. Drives me nuts but they are so much fun at this age! Just this morning he got into a dozen eggs. Yesterday it was desitin. Before that it was baby oil. The only way he wouldn't get into something is if there wasn't anything to get into. Having 4 kids gives him plenty of ops for making a mess.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 12:47 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I blame curious George!
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 12:48 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I blame Curious George!
    crazymom21