False Positives?

Ok so i bought these super cheap but apparently accurate test strips online that say you can detect pregnancy up to 10 days before missed period and i have taken 5 of them starting at day 9 before missed period that showed 1 line only ( negative). And well today still 4 days before period my neighbor 9 days late thinks she is pregnant so i give her one of my strips and it also said not pregnant, well then i get suspecious and buy a clear blue digital pack and take one and it says pregnant, so i call my neighbor and tell her so she takes one also and it also says pregnant. Well she took other tests also and figured she is preg. for sure, i took another clear blue digital from same box and it said pregnant again!! So i bought a Walgreens brand digital and it said no pregnant... AM I PREGNANT?????

melissa78155

Asked by melissa78155 at 11:28 PM on Apr. 24, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• False positives can occur but they aren't very common. So you had 2 positives and 1 negative? I would definitely say you are pregnant! Go to the doctor and get a blood test to be sure but false negatives are much more common than false positives! And Clear Blue is a pretty good brand.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:35 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• why dont you go to the doctor and find out forsure? or wait to see if you get your period
    Anonymous