False Positives?

Ok so i bought these super cheap but apparently accurate test strips online that say you can detect pregnancy up to 10 days before missed period and i have taken 5 of them starting at day 9 before missed period that showed 1 line only ( negative). And well today still 4 days before period my neighbor 9 days late thinks she is pregnant so i give her one of my strips and it also said not pregnant, well then i get suspicious and buy a clear blue digital pack and take one and it says pregnant, so i call my neighbor and tell her so she takes one also and it also says pregnant. Well she took other tests also and figured she is preg. for sure, i took another clear blue digital from same box and it said pregnant again!! So i bought a Walgreens brand digital and it said not pregnant but i believe that test was most water because i had to drink to pee... DO YOU THINK I AM PREGNANT?????

melissa78155

Asked by melissa78155 at 11:50 PM on Apr. 24, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• WOW. I hate when that happens. I think you are...but I don't know. To have two that say yes is good. But I would get another one and wait till morning to take it. Good luck!
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 12:14 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• false pos don't happen. You ARE pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• False positives are exceedingly rare. You're definately pregnant :) CONGRATS!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:04 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I got a false positive last year I made my Dr. appointment for what should have been about 10 weeks just to be sure. When he did ultrasound to try to get an estimated due date he said "well you have a pregnant uterus but no baby yet" we did a blood test and I was only 3 weeks pregnant. so false positives do happen I was way to early to find out I was pregnant I would have only been a couple days pregnant when the test was positive.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:41 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I think it means that you are pregnant because those clear blue test are pretty accurate...
    vtyler6203

Answer by vtyler6203 at 12:05 AM on Apr. 26, 2010