Summer!!! What are you doing to prepare for summer? What activities do you plan to do? What will you bring?

LavenderRose10

Asked by LavenderRose10 at 11:57 PM on Apr. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• im not as excited as i was before i found out i was pregnant. but ill be showing and probably showing it off. we will probably camp a lot and go swimming and hike in the mountains since we just moved to the rockies. sun screen and lots of it! i wanted to go canoeing this summer but probably wont since im prego.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:16 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• fishing/camping trips, swimming pool everyday, lots of outdoor playing probably go to the park, and whatever else sounds fun!
    Apple_Pie2010

Answer by Apple_Pie2010 at 1:20 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• Our oldest wants to take Jujitsu. He was told to keep his behavior and school work in check and then we'll see at the end of the school year. So if all goes well i'll be gearing up for that. All the boys + Dh are going to be taking swim lessons to ease my mind when he hit the pool in the summer. Thier pawpaw just bought them all some fishing poles so I take it they'll be doing some fishing this summer. And my dad wants to take them to Nigeria for a week. Let them see some of our family thier. Dh plans to stay here with the baby while we go.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 1:25 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I but the season pass for our city pool. It is only about 5 blocks away from our house so I try to use it as our own personal country club. We will probably be doing some camping/fishing/biking/hiking but ntoo ot much cuz, I'm not a big fan but I have boys so they need to go...
    Reality is, I will be cooking and cleaning for the 8 or 9 weeks were out of school while my guys are busy playing basketball,etc... with their friends-outside (I am limiting video games)
    I am considering for myself to take a few classes at the community college but I'm not sure I want to be gone all day I've tried night classes but my family really hates me gone after 5 pm (when they believe dinner should be on the table - LOL)
    Also, I am totally jealous of your answers that include family members taking your kids for time during the summer. My kids don't have that option as they really have no participating grandparents or other adults. Just got us
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 8:49 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• we camp pretty much all summer. I take the kids and the trailer out, set it up (usually on a Tuesday) then dh comes out on friday or saturday when he's done work.

I've also got my older girls registered for art camp (its a neat outdoor, nature and art camp), and soccer camp.

youngest is not interested in camps.

we go to the zoo a few times a week too - we've got passes.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:49 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I'm starting to get my son set up with occupational therapy and speech therapy schedules.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 1:38 PM on Apr. 25, 2010