sometimes I wish I wasnt a mom...

I just needed to get that off my chest.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Apr. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• Sometimes we just need a break...a few quiet moments to ourselves to take a deep breath. Hang in there, Mama! :)
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 1:46 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• normal...its not that you dont love being a mom its the fact that you are overwhelmed
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 1:47 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• You are SO not alone! And it bums me out at times that running away isn't really an option!
    AddyLeigh

Answer by AddyLeigh at 1:48 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• yea I agree with tve 1st person...all moms need a break even more single moms.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• id never in my life say i wish i wasnt a mom sometimes...i can honestly say sometimes i wish i could have a weeks vacation..or a break of some sort but id never ever say i wish i wasnt a mom....my daughter is a lil pain in the butt like you would not believe but id be nothing without her and i love her to death
    momOF2Girls0710

Answer by momOF2Girls0710 at 2:20 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• ^^^^^^AGREE
    Even tho i do love my days off, i'd never trade them in for anything in this world.
    _mimimosley_

Answer by _mimimosley_ at 3:13 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• Many times, I miss those times when I was single. My life was totally different. Weekly manicures, monthly hair treatments, weekly massages, shopping, partying...As a mom, I feel sometimes that there isn't enough time in a day and I don't even have time to touch up any gray hairs. Everyday, I wake up and get the kids ready to bed. I do the laundry, clean, cook, wash the dishes, tutor the kids, do part-time work and volunteer. I can't spend like I used to because I have kids to think about. I don't even dine out that much. But, honestly at the end of the day I know that I chose to be there for my kids. I just love them so much. This is my choice and no one else made it for me. As they are growing older, I get to appreciate them and love them even more. If you have a baby, it is one of the best and also the hardest. The first 2 years of your baby's life is the hardest. It gets easier.
    LavenderRose10

Answer by LavenderRose10 at 3:23 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• A lot of women feel this way. Especially if this is your first child or you have 2 little ones. Over the next few days, or maybe you know them right off the top of your head, try to pinpoint what you don't like most or what is giving you the hardest time and try to tackle the issues one by one. Are you thrown for a spin because the baby is here and your life is now second? Or is a toddler giving you disciplne issues and being stubborn? Maybe it is because you can go 20 minutes without having literally 1 thought to yourself because someone kids, baby or husband is calling your name or wanting something from you (this one is my "thing"). Try to fix whatever is making you not feel good. I watch supernanny, take fake trips to the bathroom so you can take 3 minutes to breathe and splash water on your face. Being a mom is the biggest adjustment of a persons life. It is no wonder why we might not like it at times. It gets better.
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 3:49 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• you have to know that you are not alone. and your kids think you hung the moon. they think you are the best thing ever. you are super woman!! you can fix anything. and even tho we are just regular human beings, we are also everything to our children. there is no one better then you in thier eyes. be patient, and take a few minutes like the above poster and go to the bathroom. i buy myself a really nice shampoo and body wash. that way when i take a shower it is like a little bit of pamper time just for me. just remember that there is no other person or place in this world that will ever love you and think you are the greatest thinng in the world other then your children. take a deep breath. and if need be, talk with your PCP and see what you can do/take for help with your feelings. keep your chin up and try to see your glass half full insted of half empty. you can do this. this to shall pass. : )
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 4:09 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I feel this way all the time. Frankly, I just wasn't cut out for the mom thing!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Apr. 25, 2010