soy or cow milk, or neither? (for adult)

Which is better for you? Soy or Cows milk? Or should we just not drink either? ....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Apr. 25, 2010 in Health

• we do neither in our house. we get calcium from green veggies, we get vitamin d from the sun. there is also research going on about vitamin a & d having to be in just the right ratio, or they cancel each other out...and they don't yet know the right ratio! i feel like, if you would not suck on the utter of a cow, then you should probably not drink the milk that man pumped from the cow. we should plan on getting our nutrients from whole foods. man is still discovering new things about nutrition every couple of years. for instance 10 years ago, no one spoke of phytonutrients.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:48 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• They all have value. So I personally go off of personal preference. Soy's probably the best.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 2:13 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I heard that soy causes cancer so it's the worst.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• Phyto-estrogens in soy are not your friend. If you have issues with cow milk, try rice, almond, or hemp milk. :P
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 2:19 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• to OP...
    Cows milk has been shown to be linked to:
    allergies...... colic.......chronic ear infections.......... insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus.......... acne........... obesity... flatulence (LOL!)..........constipation............. mucus... diabetes......breast cancer....prostate cancer & more...

(milksucks.com)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• milk is designed to take a five hundred pound calf and turn it into a two thousand pound cow. can you imagine what it would to do a lil human??
    then again, that's not the only part of your diet, so you're probably okay.
    i just know that it is so very important to get your calcium and vitamin, what is it, d?, which is plentiful in cow's milk. not sure about soy. (i heard it tastes like liquid cardboard, by the way.) if you're not going to drink it, just make sure you're getting those nutrients from other sources, especially since that whole osteoporosis thing gets us when we're older. oh, and i don't know how you're going to wash down syrupy pancakes, or freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. or make hot chocolate. or eat cereal.
    dangit. now i'm hungry. what was your question?
    AngryBob

Answer by AngryBob at 2:51 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I use cow milk. I see no problem with it.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:46 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• Water is best.
    For cooking, I use rice, soy or cow

Answer by rkoloms at 9:24 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I'm always battling this one myself.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:37 PM on Apr. 25, 2010