Is there anything you don't talk about with your husband?

I used to cut when I was in high school and even though my husband knows a bit about it, it's not something I'm comfortable talking about. I think I'm not willing to discuss it because I can't really explain it and I still occasionally get the urge. It's not something I am willing to bring up.

How about you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:54 AM on Apr. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No, I think I have told my DH everything about me. I talk to him about every thing. All my feelings too.

Answer by louise2 at 5:51 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• Nope I can talk to my husband about EVERYTHING. I used to be a cutter too and my husband knows all about it and we have discussed it a few times. Even though I can;t tell him exactly why I did it (besides being an emotional wreck) he understands and if I'm having a meltdown moment he'll step in and handle things for me. He's my rock and I know I can lean on him for anything and everything.

Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 6:18 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• There are things I'd rather not talk to my husband about. Every relationship is different. However, if your husband is understand, I'm sure it would help if you talked to him about. You need someone, if not him, that you can go to and talk to openly when you have these urges. The more it is a secret of your own, the bigger the burden on you, and the more likely you are to going back to doing it. I used to be a cutter as well. I regret it so much because i have ugly scars on my arms in plain sight- it's embarrassing, I'm very self conscious of it. When you want to hurt yourself, ask yourself what's really going on. I used to blame things on myself bc it was easier than blaming it on someone else and I felt it gave me some control. BUT I wish I would've realized i was not in control sitting there slicing myself up... good luck.
    AlleyK

Answer by AlleyK at 10:44 AM on Apr. 25, 2010