Im going crazy ! I feel like bathing my son and all of his belonging's in clorox or something!

Ok, so I know that's child abuse and I would NEVER hurt him. But anyways, We live with my Uncle, and his daughter. Well his daughter is 16 y/o, and begged her father to let her bestfriend move in, her bestfriend is 17, going on 18 in Oct. Well the other night she was in my cousins room, bent over screaming and crying, my first thought was possibly a miscarriage? Although I could not verify a pregnancy, she does sleep around and she has even admitted it to me. Well my mother took her to the hospital because my uncle was too tired. And [you might want to sit down for this if you arent already) She finds out she has gonorrhea and Trichomonas!!!! I feeeel so disgusting, and am scared to let my 19 month old near the bathroom she's been using for the last 2 weeks. Not to mention shes waiting on results of a couple more STD's . Am I wrong for wanting to avoid her and keep my son away from the bathroom? [CONTINUED BELOW)

colbysmommie95

Asked by colbysmommie95 at 4:26 AM on Apr. 25, 2010 in Health

• Umm, I would be the exact same way! I don't think you're being irrational at all! You can never be to careful when it comes to something that could potentially harm your child! You don't know what all she has, so she could have something that is transmittable simply through contact! Sit her down privately and tell her how you feel. Surely she is mature enough to understand that you have a child, and its really hard not to be a little scared. Set a can of Lysol in the bathroom and just ask her politely to spray the toilet down after each use. And if she refuses then just keep doing it yourself. If she gets upset that you've confronted her about your feelings, Oh Well! You have a child that you need to worry about first and foremost, not the feelings of some girl that doesn't care about herself in the first place!
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 7:29 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• [CONTINUED)Dont be rash, Im not stupid, I know that the STD's that we are currently aware of can only be caught through sexual contact and vulva-to-vulva contact, but still. I feel like if any of her fluid's are left behind, and one of us ladies in the house use the toilet we may catch it to. I mean really, think about it if it were you and your children. I literally bleach that toilet after her every use, and I know it makes her uncomfortable, but still, it bugs the crap out of me. Not to mention she confessed a few things about my cousin, which im not going to assume their true, but i have a GOOOD reason to believe they are, so that's two potential carriers. Im going insane, but please tell me im not wrong for feeeling this anxiety?!
    colbysmommie95

Answer by colbysmommie95 at 4:30 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• You're being irrational but you obviously know that already. You really should stop ostracizing the poor girl she likely feels bad enough without you making it worse by treating her like she has the plague. Get over it.
    MizusT

Answer by MizusT at 5:12 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• First you can clean the bathroom. Any time you have unprotected sex with multiple partners you can get a STD. As far as I know you can not get a STD from a toilet set. I think you are being a little paranoid about it.

Answer by louise2 at 5:47 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I know what you mean. It would gross me out to no extent too, but you have to realize what this poor girl is going through. she's only 17 and has these things maybe she needs a little guidance.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 6:52 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• ne reason STDs spread is because people think they need to have sexual intercourse to become infected. That's wrong. A person can get some STDs, like herpes or genital warts, through skin-to-skin contact with an infected area or sore.

Another myth about STDs is that you can't get them if you have oral or anal sex. That's also wrong because the viruses or bacteria that cause STDs can enter the body through tiny cuts or tears in the mouth and anus, as well as the genitals.

STDs also spread easily because you can't tell whether someone has an infection. In fact, some people with STDs don't even know that they have them. These people are in danger of passing an infection on to their sex partners without even realizing it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:58 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• Well if she doesn't careabout herself she probally doesn't care much about anyone else.It's sad this young lady has had to go through this, but maybee it's a wake-up call for her & she can start over, start doing the right things intead of the wrong.Usually it helps when someone has atleast one person they can talk to that truley is listening.As far as the spread anonam. is corrct anything can spread through an open wound. Blood to blood contact.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:43 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• move you ass out and you won't have a problem
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• Gonorrhea and trich are infections, not diseases. That's why they're now classified under STI's and not STD's. The only way you'd catch it from a toilet seat is if she put her vulva directly on the seat, got it wet, and you went and put your vulva on the same spot immediately (and I do mean immediately. That's going to have to be one toasty warm toilet seat. Also, if your vulva is touching the toilet seat... you are sitting on the toilet wrong.). Nowhere else on your body can be infected with it. (Now if it were chlamydia, you could catch pinkeye, but with the other infections not so much.)

Don't have sex with her, and you'll be fine. Or you could just move out of your uncle's house.
    ohsowonderful

Answer by ohsowonderful at 11:01 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• My older sister was very promiscuous while we were growing up and I did the same thing, cleaned the toilet every time before I used it. I don't care if people say you can't catch it that way, my view is, take no chances.
    Anonymous