Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

child Support

I am in need of some advise. I currently live in CT & the kids father lives I FL. I want to file for child support. How do I go about it intrastate? I didn't want to have to go this route but I have no choice at this point. Thank you in advance for your advice.

Answer Question

Asked by Twinz1 at 9:05 AM on Apr. 25, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • I don't know if CT has child support offices but if they do get ahold of them and they can help you start the paperwork. My hubby pays child support for his daughter who lives in FL: and we live in TN. If CT does like TN does they'll go by the state where more money will be given.

    A lot of your questions can probably be answered here:

    In the search type in Child Support and that should help you find it easier.


    Answer by Juggalette0327 at 9:18 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

  • You file in the county that the child/ren are residents of. If you have lived in CT long enough to have met the residency guidelines you file there. You will have to serve Dad somehow, and he will have to travel there for any court proceedings.

    Answer by desert_diva at 10:29 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

  • All above is true. I"m in CT too. My ex is in AZ. The courts take care of it, but it takes a LONG time, so call tomorrow. :)

    Answer by kjrn79 at 10:38 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

  • Go to the local CS office. They take care of URESA (other state) CS when the child is in one state and the father is in another.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.