How were comfortable when laboring at home?

I dont want to go to the hospital untill i feel i have to... Im contracting about every 5-7 mins right now and sorta just walking around my house and not exactly sure how is best to sit or lay that can help baby move down. My water hasnt broke and im not in a whole lot of pain, just uncomfortable.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Apr. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Just keep moving around until you find something that's comfortable. When I was laboring for my homebirth, I found I couldn't sit still. I had to keep up and moving around. I walked all around, walked to the corner store. I sat on the toilet some, laid on the couch, laid on the floor, and then finally got into the tub to give birth.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 10:20 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• Walking, warm baths, plenty of water, and there are actually some laboring stretches that you can probably google that help to manage the pain of contractions until they pass.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 12:01 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I couldn't stop moving when I did, it hurt to stop so I just walked up and down the hallway, by the time I got to the hospital I was 6 cm
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:04 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• sitting on the toilet is comfortable...a supported squat! some women have said that slow dancing with dh is comfortable.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:55 PM on Apr. 25, 2010