How do you prepare your oatmeal?

benjamink

Asked by benjamink at 10:47 AM on Apr. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• LOL I add boiling water to the packet and stir
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:48 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• my little one loves it with some brown sugar and cinnamon. i don't eat it myself but she loves it! oh and with raisins too

eva123

Answer by eva123 at 10:49 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I just bought the weight control instant oatmeal and it is gross. It has that "aspartame" aftertaste. So now I mix one regular with the WC one just to make it edible. I won't be buying that again. But I can not stand the regular kind you cook on the stove either.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:55 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• Lol @ Mom2Jack04!

I should have been more specific. I'm on a budget so I' m trying to stretch my dollars. I want to buy the big box of unseasoned oatmeal since it costs less than the packets of instant oatmeal. But I need some ideas of how to add some variety.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 10:57 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• Instant oats...but not the packages, those are mushy & gross, I just let them cook for a few seconds then pour them over a cup full of brown sugar...yuuuummm~! :p
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 10:58 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I like mine with Butter, brown sugar & cinnamon. I like to let it sit & cool off a little, then i add a bit of milk on top & eat it like warm cereal. It's VERY tasty this way! Also, rolled Irish oats are the best tasting & the best for you.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:32 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• instant oatmeal haha, I like the maple and brown sugar
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:39 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• add raisins or other dried fruit cut up in little bits. Brown sugar and cinnamon or nutmeg or apple pie spice or pumpkin pie spice. and a little milk. Pecan pieces are also good. Stir applesauce into it, or sliced or mashed bananas give it a good flavor. A few strawberries or blueberries are also good. Diced pears or pineapple tidbits are good. Just butter and sugar are my favorites.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:39 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I boil water, with a bit of salt and butter then add the oats. I usually do brown sugar as that seems to be everyones fav. but I've also done dried cranberries and a bit of concentrated orange juice when I add the oats, kids love that one too. but most dried fruit is great, also chopped nuts. My oldes allways has his with just milk and honey.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 11:57 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• Well since the picky eaters only eat the strawberry kind, I buy the box containing 12 packets, and I use 4 or 5 with 4 cups of water, and I cook it on the stove in a pot. It turn out better than microwaving it. My mom like the peaches and creme, she also slice fresh peaches on top of hers.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 12:15 PM on Apr. 25, 2010