If you see an illegal...and you know or assume that they are...

Do you ever stop to think that maybe they are here against their will, or that they are trying to gain citizenship but sometimes the courts take forever to get them through that process? So many people come here through trafficking that they have no choice but to work in our fields because they are usually forced by "slave owners". Yes. Slavery still exists in this country, we just don't see it everyday or consider those working in the fields as slaves. Just illegal immigrants taking our jobs. But the ones taking our jobs are the slave traders forcing those people to work in our fields. Do you ever stop to think about things like that instead jumping to the conclusion that all illegals are here to ruin our country and take our jobs?

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 11:48 AM on Apr. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• In our town, there is a big controversy going on because some of the more recent illegals that have been caught were brought here by there parents when they were very young. Some of them have no memory of even living in there home country and some don't even know Spanish!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• ^^
    Is why I think illegals that can prove they were brought here as minors should be given citizenship. The OQ, very few are "slaves" the rest are CRIMINALS no matter what they are trying to do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Apr. 25, 2010

• How do you SEE an illegal? If you SEE a Chinese person walking down the street, do you think "OMG, Illegal!" ?

I don't SEE illegals at all. I don't assume any particular person is here illegally any more than I assume any person I see is a criminal.

Do YOU go around assuming people are here illegally? 

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 12:07 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• Sounds like the OP is a little racist. White people are here illegally as well. You can't tell just by looking, ya know.
    Anonymous

• Well if they were forced to come here, then they should be happy to go back home to their family.
    Anonymous

• More reason to deport them and send them back to their own country. We can save them from the slave owners. Thanks for pointing it out.
    Anonymous

• I didnt' even talk about ethnicity Anon 09. Sounds like you're the racist.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 12:53 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• ^^^Then how would you know they are illegal? Do you ask them for their green card?

You are the one talking about assuming they are illegal, not me.
    Anonymous

• Way to take a step in the wrong direction Arizona. I bet you are going to have some asshat rednecks asking for green cards from everyone who looks of spanish descent. I smell law suits happening.
    Anonymous

• Every illegal Canadian I've known was here of their own free will - usually because they found a piece of ass they liked online and moved down here to move in with the girl and live off her because they couldn't legally work here.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:09 PM on Apr. 25, 2010