When is it considered safe to let the baby sleep with a stuffed animal or blanket?

My daughter is 10 months and I haven't left anything in her crib yet.. just wondering if anyone knows when it is okay to leave one stuffed animal or small blanket with them

itsbree2you

Asked by itsbree2you at 11:55 AM on Apr. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 1 year is what I have read, some people say 18 months. For blankets anyway. Most will say no stuffed animals until she moves to a toddler bed. personally I do wrap my daughter in a blanket sometimes at night, I know if i'm cold so is she. I just make sure that if she rolls on her side, she does most nights at some point, that is won't be in her face. I also use sleep sacks and they work great.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:00 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• My MIL made my daughter receiving blankets. They are really light but bigger than the ones you buy at the store. I've swaddled her from the armpits down (she likes her hands up around her head) since she came home from the hospital. I wouldn't put anything thick in there even now that she is 8 months and rolls over during the night. Just the thin blankets my MIL made.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:14 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• My son has slept with his "lovey" since he was around 3 months old. It's very small (one of those little blankets with the bear head on it) and it helps him get to sleep.

Answer by missanc at 1:00 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• That's what I worry about, if I'm cold..she must be. Her ped did say that if we keep the house at or below 70 then a blankey is fine, but if it's warmer than that then no blankey necessary.. but that was because I was worried about her being too warm. Well thanks for all the feedback! =)
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 9:49 PM on Apr. 25, 2010