Do you allow your children to eat sugary cereal?

I try not to. I usually buy my dd cheerios or Kix, but every now and then I will splurge on her and buy her cocoa puffs or cap'n crunch. Never fruit loops or frosted flakes though.

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 12:29 PM on Apr. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes, I do and I eat them too. Nothing wrong as long as it's in moderation.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:29 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• yes in moderation, and just fyi, capt crunch is one of the most sugar filled, frosted flakes are bettwr of the 2. But really sugar is not the demon its been portayed, again its in moderation.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:31 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I let my daughter have sugary cereal for breakfast and then for the rest of the day she is very limited. I'd rather her have sugar in the morning than before bed.
    Anonymous

• only for fun days - camping or holiday mornings. it makes it more fun to eat for them.

I got some of the blueberry miniwheats for our camping weekend in May. they can't wait to have them.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:47 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• The sugary cereal is the least of my worries. Fruit juice is like liquid candy when it comes to sugar.
    Anonymous

• No. Almost all of those cereals have HFCS in it which i try very hard to avoid.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:21 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• no. we don't do milk, so our cereal is just for snacking. one year i bought count chocula for halloween, and nobody would even try it :)
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:41 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• Yes.I am a cereal LOVER.I eat it for breakfast,lunch and dinner most days :) BUT I <3 ALL kinds and we usually have about 8 boxes to choose from.My hubby is a Nuts and berry kinda Cereal guy and I am a Sugar cereal kinda girl.The kids like both. BUT our NUMBER 1 favorite is Mixed Cheerios

ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 2:59 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• Yes but only on Sat mornings ,holidays or at the beach house.Those are the days they may have Pop Tarts instead of sugar cereal.Moderation is our philosophy.
    drfink

Answer by drfink at 3:32 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• No sugary cereals. No genetically modified or pesticide laden grains. Only whole grains.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:05 PM on Apr. 25, 2010