What do you think about this blog post? Do you agree or disagree?

http://womanuncensored.blogspot.com/2010/01/why-you-need-to-stfu-about-nip.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Apr. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think everyone should just STFU and let people live their lives. That includes everyone here too.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 10:23 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• i disagree. i think those pictures of women breastfeeding are bull, what did they poke a whole in there shirts right where the nipple is?
    breastfeeding is something personal and private that you do in your home. theres certain things that you just do in home, you dont do them in public and breastfeeding is one of them to me. your kid has to get used to drinking a bottle eventually, so why the hell cant you just pack a bottle for the occasional times your going to go out?? and if its that big of a deal to you, then just stay home! i dont want to see you breastfeeding your baby while im xmas shopping with my kids. i mean, cmon.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:05 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• your kid has to get used to drinking a bottle eventually

Why?
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:20 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• Not all kids will take bottles, not all women can pump. I'm not going to spend a year of my life stuck inside. Sorry if it offends you. You don't have to look. I mean, cmon!
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 1:44 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• completely agree. i put on a tank top then a tshirt over. this way you can't see anything (like my muffin top! LOL)
    if my son wants to nurse he will nurse! either because he's hungry, wants to go to sleep or wants comfort because something made him feel nervous (ex. drs visits)
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 2:10 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• purpl..so a baby eating is something that should be done in the privacy of your own home? how ignorant. andmy child whom i breastfed for 13 months NEVER took a bottle, she never needed to. if you dont like me feeding my baby then feel free to look somewhere else. also if its a big deal to YOU then you stay at home!
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 2:23 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I think it's interesting how people say "just give them a bottle". With my first, I bought a few bottles and a hand pump. It took me forever to pump three 4 ounce bottles, and I never wanted to use them since they were so hard to get. I kept saving them and they ended up going bad in the freezer. I got rid of my bottles and pump so I didn't even have any when my second baby was born. I never needed them for either child or saw any use for bottles.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:10 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• Really PURPL???

I ff fed my children and even I am not ignorant enough to say that children need to learn how to take a bottle. I am also not ignorant enough to say that bf babies should only be fed at home, that bf babies should be fed in public restrooms, that women shouldn't feed their bf babies in public. My children are older and when they were born there wasn't a lot of support. I was pushed in to bf in rooms away from family when we went to visit, I was self-conscious about bf in public, I felt like a freak because it just wasn't something that was done at that time in mixed company in the places I lived. I tried for 6 weeks with my 1st and 4th and the isolation was unbearable so I switched them to formula & I never tried with the middle 2. I wish I had bf all of them and for much longer (at least 9-12 months) but the support wasn't there. I wish it had been and I would neve
    Anonymous

• a little bit of both. but did any one else think it was odd that she said some women can't pump because they do not get an adequate amount? then how do you know if your child is getting an adequate amount to begin with
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 6:26 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• mrsbean,..the baby gets more milk out of the breast than a pump EVER will. the baby stimulates the breast more than a pump. you know if your breastfed infant is getting enough milk by counting dipes. 6 dirty a day is what you want.
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 7:44 PM on Apr. 25, 2010