breastfeeding and sleeping through the night

My daughter is breastfed and is sleeping about 6 hours at night. plenty long enough for me to wake up very very full. should i be pumping then?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Apr. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No, you should not pump, just keep nursing baby on demand and your supply will level out.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 1:42 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• You will continue to make milk if you pump. You should soon stop making so much.. but if you would wanna pump and store it that would work
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 12:58 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• you should pump or feed every 4 hours day 6 hours at night to keep a good supply.
    Anonymous

• As pp have said, your body will adjust. If you are going back to work it would be a good idea to pump and store though.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 1:46 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• No. You will adjust.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:25 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I pump and store when this happens because i work but unfortunately hes been waking up through the night again because he teething really bad and nursing all night is the only thing that soothes him so that means more pumping for me at work lol. Pump and store if you will ever need it if you don't just do nothing and your supply will normal out to the needs of that particular time of day or night. The body is amazing.
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 8:45 PM on Apr. 25, 2010