how do stay calm when kid in froster care?

my son been in froster care for 4mths i want him back isnt the same hes only 6

lovingheart26

Asked by lovingheart26 at 1:19 PM on Apr. 25, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• 6 months, or 6 yrs old? I think you should stay calm and work on finding a way to make your life better so you can have your son back. JMO
    Anonymous

• Looked at your profile... He's 6 yrs old, and you have posted that he's a little brat.. Wow. Maybe he should stay in foster care.. How did you lose him anyway?
    Anonymous

• my sister had to deal with foster care. They took her son when he was 4 months and she got him back when he was about 22 months. They yanked her through every possible thing they could because they didnt have enough evidence to prove she was an unfit parent. she stuck with it, was put in jail once because she didnt keep it together, but she did everything they asked for. Then she went behind their backs and filed for custody and won! GL
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 1:36 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• Work on fixing what you can fix and do your best. They don't like to take your kids if they don't have to. Get your life together and be the best mom you can be. Keep the communication open with CPS and do what they tell you to. Kids are a precious gift. They need their family and CPS knows that but they need a healthy life style.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 1:42 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• WHAT DID U DO FOR THEM TO TAKE YOUR KID AWAY? MUST HAVE BEEN BAD FOR THEM TO DO THAT ! !
    Anonymous

• this just happened to a client of mine. the social worker had NO right to take her child away. she is living day to day. she put in a request so that he can be closer to her since he lives far for the visitation and she doesn't have a car.

found out foster mom called social worker because she notices mom coddles him too much during the visits. HELLO! u would too if you could only see your 1yr old once a week!!
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 2:04 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I agree, you need to stay calm and focused. I do not want to rain on your parade, and I know you may be nothing like my brother and his girlfriend, but I've had their two daughters since babies, and they're 7 and 4 years old now. I fought to get them out of foster care because my brother and their mom was not trying to get them back. They were telling the family that the kids are safer and can be well taken care of in foster homes. Can you guys believe this? Living with strange people was not something I wanted, and I fought hard to get them out of there, and we've had them every since. I potty trained both of them, I was there for them. So my advice to you is figure out how this happened, and why you lost custody and fix that problem FIRST, then go try to regain custody again. My brother lost his kids due to drug use, and he still uses drugs. Good luck to you!
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 2:40 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I ran out of time, but if it was drug related, good luck. My brother was told by the juvenile court that he has to get off drugs and stay off drugs, attend a 2 year treatment program, work a job for at least 2 years, and provide a safe stable home for my nieces, and he has failed all of the requirements. The court is really hard on parents when they lose their kids over drugs, I just wanted to warn you just in case this is your situation.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 2:46 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• There is a reason why he is in foster care.CPS doesn't just remove kids from their mothers unless there is a good reason. What did you do to get him taken away?
    Anonymous

• I have to say, I do think it's odd that you have "little brat" next to your child on your profile. Maybe you should really work on a better attitude dear.

Anonymous