Do you treat your stepchildren the same as your birth children?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Apr. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I just asked them. They're 7 and 5 and said:

The 5 year old said, "no, you treat us the same"
    and the 7 year old said, "No, you scream at <2 yr old bioson> way more than you scream at us! You just give us The Look!"

lol
    He's right. 2 year old is a pain the patootey right now!
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 5:41 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I hope so.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 1:58 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• since I am new to both, I'm still trying to figure this whole parent thing out. the only thing that's different with my step son is I let my husband do the discipline more. mostyt because it works better, but also i'm just not comfortable with it yet.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:01 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I would hope and pray that everyone does. I, do not have this situation, because I told myself I never wanted to be involved in it. It's a mess to deal with steps, ex's, etc.. and something I wouldn't have patience to do. However, some of the questions asked on this site really scares me to think that a loved one would trust a woman who clearly does not like their children to get involved in a relationship. Some women on here try to stir up trouble between a father and HIS OWN children. That's strictly evil of them and they need to be out of the picture.
    Anonymous

• Honestly, no. The birth mother makes it practically impossible to do so. We rarely see them, she changes plans, takes them out when we are supposed to have them, he usually gets to take them out for dinner and thats it - it is a long story. To cut a long story short, I have never had the chance to be any sort of mother to them. The children themselves also put barriers up. Whenever we are out and anyone mistakes me for their mum, they are quick to point out that I am not. Which is fine because I do not want to be their mum, because, despite her being a PITA with access, she's a good mum. That does not mean to say that when I do see them I throw on a black cloak , cackle and get my poisoned apples out. I don't throw gifts at my children and not them. if we play games we all join in, I don't leave them out. Its just that our relationship is more of a friend thing than a mother thing.
    Anonymous

• yes we don,the only thing that chagned was giving the stepson money all the time when he got into trouble with fighting and had to take anger classes that cost 40 dollars a week.so we stoped giving him money and thats when the problems started,he will be 18 and is mean to the baby.takes her juice and everything else.he got into a fight with his dad and moved to his moms.his dad had him his whole life.he was trying to punch his dad.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 2:20 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I don't know yet. I don't have any birth kids.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:22 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• No
    Anonymous

• I'm not in this situation, but if I was, no! I would never put another person's child in front of mine, but I also would not treat him/her bad all because they do not belong to me. It is the child's mother that I may have problems with more than likely. We all know when we meet a man with kids, we have to deal with all of them including the mamas. I was dating a guy a few years back, and he had a daughter with a smart mouth and a crazy mom. It was okay for the mom because i did not have to see her everyday, but that 13 year old daughter started lying on me, and causing my son to pick up bad habits too. This did in fact ended our relationship because he was very defensive and he never tried to correct her. Now I'm hearing he is a grandad, so it goes to show that stepchildren can be difficult. He was a really nice person, we traveled and did a lot together, but his daughter's mouth was very disrespectful.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 3:08 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• Yes
    Anonymous