Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what do i do??(please read)

ok im 35 weeks 2 days. i was admitted to the hospital at 32 weeks, for a week. got the steriods on board. now since friday i"ve been contracting every 3 min. i went to triage friday and i dilated to a 2 than stopped so they sent me home. (doc wont stop my labor anymore) than went back to triage yesterday very intense contractions. dilated to a three 60% effaced and baby is at -2 station. contractions very very intense and yet they still sent me home... they are telling me to continue bedrest and all that but im in so much pain. got no sleep last night. when will they finally admit me? when im a 4 or when i start making constant change. this is baby #2 ans its a girl. im just getting so frusterated and theres nothing to do for the pain :( anyone in my shoes or have been? should i walk or continue bedrest. im not too sure what to do anymore.

Answer Question

Asked by shorty_18 at 2:03 PM on Apr. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

Level 9 (334 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • well i know that contracting in a bed is not if you want to "speed up" your labor, which you are in labor(it sounds like it) then you can walk or get in the tub(lifesaver) but i would want to make it as long as least to 36 weeks. but you've been contracting since last friday???? wow. idk they'll probably admit you when your water breaks..they should have you in the hospital honestly if you're still contracting.good luck

    Answer by mywonderyears at 2:07 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

  • I would continue bedrest; you want that baby to stay in there as long as possible to make sure she's as healthy as possible. When I was in labor, they kept me in triage until I was 4 cm and said they didn't admit until 4 cm because it's common to stop before then. But that was only about an hour and a half after I got there, about 3 hours after my labor started, so it was definitely constant change. I haven't been in your situation, so I don't know how they'll make the decision for you. Have you tried calling your OB? If you're in that much pain, your OB might be able to go ahead and have you admitted, maybe for continual monitoring if nothing else. Good luck!

    Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:10 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

  • my ob as well as aler (the home monitoring for contraction nurses) have been telling me to go to triage if i have more than 5 contractions an hr. ive been having 14 and 15 so i end up in triage and they send me home, my contractions are lasting a minute and my whole stomach tightens ... i though they would keep me because of the intensity and pain but nope. im going nuts.

    Answer by shorty_18 at 2:15 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

  • stay in bed! i know it's uncomfortable but your doc has you on bedrest for a reason. I did my entire labor in bed too (it was only 15 hours from start to finish though) and laying down makes it really hard to control the pain. They will likely admit you when you hit 4cm or when your water breaks, whichever comes first. good luck and hang in there!

    Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:43 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

  • Stay on bedrest. My ob told me if they were every eight minutes or closer go in; I went in at least three times and kept getting sent home after about three hours of monitoring because I wasn't dilating fast enough. I was on bedrest for two weeks, and miserable the whole time even though I was allowed to move from the bed to a recliner, but the baby got to stay in until 38 weeks, which we weren't sure she would because I had really low fluids at the start of bedrest. At 38 weeks I was induced, by that point I was somewhere between 3 and 4. Keep the baby inside as long as possible; I know bedrest is miserable but maybe you can have friends come over to break up the boredom, or play board games in bed with DH or your other LO or a good friend or something. I finished a baby blanket and made a nursing pillow to keep my hands busy, and sorted baby clothes over and over lol.

    Answer by preacherskid at 3:45 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

  • i would continue bed rest because 37 weeks would be sooo sooo much better for baby than 35.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:22 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.