ab exceriese?

what ab excersis can i do while pregnant? i was active before i got pregnant i want to stay active throughout my pregnancy but nothing over the top i see u can still do regular crunches is that true? im still the same size i was before i got pregnant but some of my jeans dont fit ):

babygirl4500

Asked by babygirl4500 at 2:21 PM on Apr. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• you can do any ab exercies in ur 1st trimester, than stop. listen to ur bdy and do noy over work yourself.. drink lots of water
    shorty_18

Answer by shorty_18 at 2:26 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• ok
    babygirl4500

Answer by babygirl4500 at 2:27 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• i was told not to work the abs, as your stomach grows the abs need to separate, so they might easily strain b/c they are wanting to pull apart to make room for your growing baby, and the exercises want to pull them back together.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:31 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• oh!
    babygirl4500

Answer by babygirl4500 at 2:36 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• my abs did seperate, not sure if everyone's do, but crunches will make that worse and might cause a hernia. stay active, just skip the ab workout.
    Anonymous

• ok. what should i do?
    babygirl4500

Answer by babygirl4500 at 2:43 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• Get one of those pregnancy exercise tapes or ask your doctor

Answer by admckenzie at 3:03 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• My doctor told me not to do crunches or anything that causes stress to the abs. Like PP's have said, your abs pull apart during pregnancy to make room for baby, if you do crunches your abs will want to push back together and it could cause a hernia. Like someone else said, buy or rent pregnancy exercise tapes/dvd's. You can walk, I've seen women jog while pregnant, water aerobics is a good one, there's plenty of ways to stay fit while pregnant...talk to your doctor. GL!
    Anonymous

• thanks
    babygirl4500

Answer by babygirl4500 at 7:33 PM on Apr. 25, 2010