What should I do? Husband's birthday or friend's wedding?

My husband's birthday is next Saturday. We had plans to go out of town to celebrate. My friend's wedding is next Saturday as well. I had originally told her that I would not be able to make it. Well, about a week ago, one of my husband's friends invites him to this big Magic tournament and it is on his birthday. He told him that he would go, so I told my friend that I would be able to come to her wedding after all. Yesterday, my husband informs me that he has decided not to go with his friend, and that he would rather go out of town with me instead. Ugh! What do I do now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 PM on Apr. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• I agree, husband comes first. She will have a lot of other people at her wedding. He only has you. I'd go with him and give her a nice gift.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:36 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I would ask your DH why he's decided this all of a sudden. If it's a good reason, then okay I'd go out of town with him.. he's your husband.. not your friend.. and I'm sure she'll have too many people there to even notice if one person doesn't show up.. and you can still get her a gift.. you just can't make it.
    If your husbands reason isn't very good.. then tell him to go with the friend and you'll go out of town the weekend after or maybe for mothers day.. that way you get to do both things, just not on the same weekend.
    Anonymous

• talk to your hubby see if you can do both the wedding then some time with him, even if you & him don't go out of town, but spend time together around home.. weddings only happen once(hopefully), if she's a god friend don't miss her big day.. ask him if you two can plan sometime out of town a different time.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 2:27 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• HUSBAND COMES FIRST ! !
    Anonymous

• i disagree. birthdays are every yr, weddings are once.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:41 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• This is tricky if you can cancel the out of town plans so easily I would just reschedule it for the next weekend. He was the one that already made other plans so you're free to do what you want.
    Anonymous

• I'd go to the wedding. Your DH canceled on you. OH WELL. He'll have other birthdays. You can go out of town the following weekend either. Your friends wedding is ONLY this Saturday.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 2:43 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• too** not either
    KairisMama

• It depends on how close of a friend... If it is your bestfriend(like sister) than I feel you you need to work something out with Hubby because people don't get married every year. Beside it doesn't seem like he is even taking his b-day that serious going back and forth with what he wants to do. I say ya'll go to the wedding and that night you do something for him EXTRA special;-)
    missvicky

Answer by missvicky at 2:45 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I agree with the 1st answer ask him why and if it's a good reason than change your plans, but if not go to the wedding. Husband do come first, but come on. a grown man should be able to make a decision and stick with it.
    Anonymous