How can I make the birth of my child safe?

I'm 16 years old and I'm about 4 months pregnant I just told my parents becasue I was very scared. My mom is taking me to the doctor in 2 days to see what is going on. I'm very scared because I don't know how life is going to be during and after the baby is born i need some advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Apr. 25, 2010 in

• well, it would help if you posted this in General Parenting instead of Back to School.

and then, join the Natural Pregnancy and Childbirth group here on CM in the groups area. They are non-judgmental and can offer you a ton of information on Childbirth safety.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:47 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• The first thing is you have to take care of yourself. Take the vitamins the doctor will give you. Don't smoke and stay away from people who do. Get your rest, do not go out late. Eat well, not junk and especially not salty/fat filled foods. There's a teen mom group on here. Maybe you can join that. Listen to the doctor and to your mom.

I've been a maternity/ labor and delivery nurse for years, you can make me your friend and we can chat if you want.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 2:49 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• Yes to both previous comments. Here are some books to read: "Natural childbirth the bradley way" and "the thinking woman's guide to a better birth". Those are good deep-thinking books. A lot of women read "What to expect in the first year" Which gives you some basics but isn't necessarily the best. I just really encourage you to read up on natural childbirth. Educate yourself. Be your own advocate.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 3:35 PM on Apr. 25, 2010