Measurement Ultrasound @ 26 Weeks??

Iam 22 1/2 weeks pregnant I went to see my OB last week for my 5 month check-up. He did a quick scan over the baby
(didn't look at any organs, her weight, measurements, or for any abnormalities) We didn't even get to hear her heartbeat. This is my 3rd pregnancy, but 4th baby. They always did a full A to Z scan for my other pregnancies at 5 months. He said we will get a weight next time. Don't get me wrong he is the best OB I have ever had, he don't rush to try to get out of the room. He takes his time and he is very open and easy going. Iam not a tiny person nor huge, but Iam overweight for my height. I gained about 28lbs with my twins but lost most of it after the babies were born, my daughter I gained 15lbs and lost about 12lbs after she was born. I haven't gained any weight with this one, I have lost 13lbs. I do not look 5mths pregnant. Iam worried she isnt growing but he said she looks good. Anyone with this experience?

Abutcher

Asked by Abutcher at 2:47 PM on Apr. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm on my second child, I'm at almost 21 weeks, and I've only gained about 5 lbs in all, but at my last appointment and ultrasound, they said the baby was doing great and growing like he should. So I'm not worrying.
    Anonymous

• Have you had any ultrasounds? Maybe you are not as far along as they think?
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 4:04 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• Yes, I have had a ultrasound at 8, 12, 14 and 21 1/2 weeks......all the dates add up. But they haven't yet measured baby. I was told my uterus could be a in a different position or since Iam bigger this pregnancy Iam not going to show as earlier as I did in the pregnancy's before.
    Abutcher

Answer by Abutcher at 5:18 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• If your doc says she looks fine, then I wouldn't worry. Remember he has your babies best interests at heart and wouldn't tell you something if he wasn't sure of it. (at least that's how I feel about my doctor, I trust that she takes good care of me and my baby) The baby is still able to grow right on track and gain a little weight without you gaining much...especially if you haven't lost all of the weight from your previous pregnancies...that weight may be contributing to how the baby is developing at this point. Each pregnancy is different.
    Anonymous

• I'm sure the dr knows what he is doing. Feel free to ask him any questions you want to know while you're there! I'm 28 weeks and have only gained 5 lbs - and I wasn't overweight to begin with. Just because you aren't gaining doesn't mean your baby isn't.

Answer by missanc at 6:19 PM on Apr. 25, 2010