How did you lose the weight after giving birth if you didn't breastfeed?

I'm not breasfeeding and I've got about 15 more pounds to get back to my pregnancy weight. I had my son almost 9 weeks ago. How did you lose the weight? What exercises did you do and what diets did you follow?

acurran88

Asked by acurran88 at 2:58 PM on Apr. 25, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I ate smaller portions and went to Curves for 30 minutes a time, 3 times a week. It took 6 months to get back to my old size.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:06 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I did Turbo Jam and I started eating clean foods and watching my portion sizes. I also found ways to hold myself accountable, like workout buddies, letting people know what my goals were and the biggest one was becoming a Beachbody coach.
    hillaryann

Answer by hillaryann at 3:25 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• i did a calorie calculator for free on the internet to see about how many calories i burn a day and then ive been eat alot less then that. it said i burn like 2200 i think, & ive been eating a bowl of special k red berries for breakfast, a low fat yogurt & a string cheese for lunch, a lean cuisine for dinner, & a string cheese for a snack. i eat dinner no later then 7. i do that sunday-wednesday, and then on wednesday i eat a little more for breakfast or dinner but still lowfat and less calories then i burn. every other week i cheat once. i bought the biggest loser cardio max dvd for 13 bucks at best buy, alls you need is grab weights, i do that 5 days a week, i also have a yoga dvd that i do a few times a week, & i walk whenever its nice out with my son. doing this for the past almost 3 weeks and i lost 7 pounds already!
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 3:26 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• Diets and diet aids (if they even work) are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will have more energy. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big pile of vegetables before meals.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:00 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• Ummm....breastfeeding doesn't make you lose the weight. That is such a myth.
    Anonymous