Extremely bad morning sickness

Im 26 weeks and have been suffering from really bad morning sickness that lasts all day long. I have tried every single home remedy i know of and nothing works. I only eat one at day and thats normally at night time. I cant keep anything down, when i eat about 15-20 mins later im throwing it right back up. I can not swallow pills nor do i wanna take any kinda pills. My stomach and throat are sore from all this and there is a bit of blood sometimes when i throw up. I am in complete hell and do not know what to do. Can someone give me ANY kinda help or advice? I am currently looking for a new doctor so as of right now i do not have one.

jazl4167

Asked by jazl4167 at 3:13 PM on Apr. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Sorry; the only thing I can think of is to ask a doctor for anti nausea meds if the usual home stuff doesn't work. Try to get in to a walk in clinic if there is one nearby; they can help until you get a new doctor. Also, look up "hyperemesis gravidarum" I knew a girl with this, and she had to have a prescription anti-nausea medication just so she could keep food down and function at work.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 3:20 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• You may have hyperemesis gravidarum, also known as HG. I had it with both my pregnancies so I know what you are going through. First of all, check out helpher.org for more information and to see if you do qualify (sounds to me like you do), then you should either present the info to your current doctor or actively find one who will be willing to help you. There are some medications that you can take that should lessen your nausea (reglan, phenergan, and zofran to name a few - you will have to find out which one works for you because it's different for each woman).
    There is also a group on here called Hyperemesis Gravidarum Support Group (http://www.cafemom.com/group/3620) and every woman there can sympathize with what you are going through since we have all been through it at least once.
    I hope that you get better soon!
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 3:23 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• If you are dehydrated--which you probably are go to the Er and get rehydrated with at least 2 liters--- after the first start sipping sweet stuff-- AJ OJ ginger ale--- if you are holding that stuff down you need to get protein into your system-- dehydration and poor protein levels are the cause of HG (late term nausea issues)-- so lean chicken OR fish however you'll eat it
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 3:37 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I agree you are probably very dehydrated. I had this problem and went to the ER, they rehydrated me and gave me anti-nausea suppositories. I felt soooo much better after using those. I don't see what else could work if you can't keep anything down.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 4:08 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I had the same thing throughout my last pregnancy - went through 4-5 different meds trying to find something that worked! I'm 28 weeks into my 5th pregnancy and still have the same issues. I am on meds, but end up throwing up if I don't take them, and even if I do I still throw up 2-3 times/week. I would encourage you to find a new dr immediately and talk to them about what can be done. If you aren't willing to try some type of medication, I'm really not sure what you can do. But throwing up all the time can cause issues with dehydration, malnutrition, and oral hygiene (the acids from your tummy will eat away at your tooth enamel [even if you brush your teeth right after], and trust me - it's expensive!!)

Answer by missanc at 6:22 PM on Apr. 25, 2010