using dermabration machine is good or bad thing for the skin??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Apr. 25, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Dermabrasion is a dream of mine. I have read a lot about it. It's a very serious procedure to have done. The reason a person would have a doctor do it is very bad scaring,like acne pock marks. It costs about 5,000.00 to have a full facial procedure. If you have light skin the result is usually better than someone w/olive skin or darker due to the fact that dermabrasion takes the top layers of skin off,the ones that hold all the pigment.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 6:05 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I've tried the in home dermabrasion kits and they didn't seem to do much. I have better luck adding sugar or salt to my cleanser and rubbing it gently on my face, let it sit a few minutes, then rub it again with damp hands and rinse my face with warm water. Sugar is the best bet because it contains a low-grade acid and makes my skin glow really nice.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 8:30 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I use Mary Kay's Microdermabrasion set. I can control the amount of pressure being applied. I love the results. My skin is soft and smooth.
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 10:58 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• GENTLE is the word if you want your skin to age nicely. Treat your face like a baby's bottom. I am fifty years old and have no wrinkles---my skin is lovely. Treat it GENTLY and care for it carefully---don't use anything too harsh or treat it roughly. Micro dermabrasion is HARSH!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Apr. 27, 2010