I need baby proofing help.... I need to fix a door,bathroom,bedroom,,,the door opens inward so a hook won t work. We have the new type door handles,not knobs. He opens and goes in can t keep him out..HELPPPP

you can respond to my email, I am desperate, we rent so cannot ruin anything, thanks, Brenda

tigergal

Asked by tigergal at 4:00 PM on Apr. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• can the door be changed to open outward?
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 4:06 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• i don't understand why a hook and eye latch wouldn't work. maybe i'm missing something?
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 4:13 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• If you have lever type doorknobs, you can actually get knob protectors that will work on them. You can find them on-line. Otherwise, you might want to provide a bit more info on the problem you're trying to solve. I'm also not sure why a latch won't work..
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 6:31 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• A hook and eye latch will work but it is difficult to put on. I have one on my kid's door because my 2 year old will go in and wake up my 1 year old if it is not locked. He can unlock the regular door knobs and covers don't work because he can open the door with them on.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 9:06 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• Hi I didn t realize how long ago I posted my question... I did finally use the hook and eye but we have lousy doors not sure of steel and wood or just shallow woof. My solution was to get the thing in and wow was it hard, then to keep in in as they loosen. I squirted in super glue into the hole and it has been tight for very long, Thank you all for your help Brenda, NJ
    tigergal

Comment by tigergal (original poster) at 12:39 PM on Dec. 2, 2010