Do you think men are naturally incapable of manogamy?

Do you think men are "programed" to want to spread their DNA?

Statistics show that nearly %85 of men are happily monogamous.

I personally believe that who ever started this theory did so just as an excuse for men who want to screw around. I think that they're looking for a reason to make it "normal" and OK.

I think the idea is just as bad as saying that all women should be stay at home moms, barefoot, pregnant & in the kitchen.

Sure those cheaters put a bad name out there for a lot of guys. But, statistics show that most men actually enjoy manogamy.

What are your thoughts?

samurai_chica

Asked by samurai_chica at 4:49 PM on Apr. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/2010/03/02/2010-03-02_smart_men_lss_likely_than_dumb_ones_to_cheat_on_partners_study.html

Here's an article saying that men with higher IQ's are less likely to cheat then men with lower/average IQ's. I believe it!

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:50 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• MONOGAMY!!! Sorry for my misspelling, just caught that.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:51 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I think all men are capable of it, some just don't want to be. Honestly I think if a man wants to be with woman after woman when he is supposed to be a committed relationship that he probably doesn't really want to be with his wife/girlfriend anyway. I wont lie, I myself stepped out of my relationship with SO once, we were having a really rocky time and there was this guy filling me full of shit and telling me everything I wanted to hear and I left SO and started seeing this other guy. I can honestly say that that was the best to ever happen to SO and I. It made me realize that SO was the one and even though he has flaws to that is can be much worse and that no one else will ever be able to really make me happy. The whole time I was with the other guy all I could think about was how I missed SO and how SO was better at this, could make me laugh more...etc. People make mistakes and that's ok. But if they continue to do it,
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 4:55 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• then it probably wasn't meant to be anyway. (Sorry for going a little off topic. Just needed to get that off my chest)
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 4:56 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• It's OK, get it off your chest! So, you think all men are capable of being monogamous? Or you think all men are capable of cheating?
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:59 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• If it's Natural for a man to want to screw around, is it natural for a woman to want to screw around? Is it not true that our eggs are capable of selecting the strongest sperm? (it's true, our eggs will reject any sperm that does not seem like a good catch) So, maybe it's natural for women to screw around w/ as many guys as she wants so that her egg can select the best out of the bunch.

Why should it only be natural for men to screw around? Maybe it's natural for women too....
    Anonymous

• Anthropologically speaking, males are programmed to want to "spread their seed", just as women are programmed to find a mate willing and able to take care of her offspring to make sure they survive. That is not an excuse, though, and I still expect my husband (any husband, actually) to be monogamous. That's the norm, culturally speaking, and I don't see that changing.

We also shoulldn't be walking upright. But we do anyway.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 5:05 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• "just as women are programmed to find a mate willing and able to take care of her offspring to make sure they survive"

But there re many species in nature that do not need men in order to care for their offspring & survive wonderfully with no male. Many female species screw, then go their seperate ways too. AND, many female species (such as female cats) screw plenty of males in order to find that right gene for heir offspring. So, i disagree with that argument.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:16 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• Thank you! Thank you for posting this. I completely agree this so-called theory was put together as an excuse. Statistics can be used to prove anything and everything. I can probably agree that less intelligent people and those who are less interested in developing their minds and personal lives are more likely to wander from one sex partner to another. What else do they have? They probably eat too much garbage also. Is this a good thing to be taken as, oh well, people are just more likely to do it so here goes?
    Anonymous

• I think men, specially smart ones are capable of monogamy, we shouldn't label them all in the same way. Men cheat because some women allow it. I agree with your theory!

Answer by older at 5:27 PM on Apr. 25, 2010