Serious situation please give me your advice.

I received a phone call today from my little cousin who at some point during the conversation mentioned that another little cousin of ours 5 years old, was touched "down there" by her grandma's boyfriend also known to the kids as "grandpa". After our conversation I called the child abuse hotline and gave them the information that I was told. The reason I did that is because we have a history of incest in our family and it is always a hush, hush thing or somehow gets brought up but then never mentioned again. Very sad and disgusting but true. I have mixed feelings about what I did. What would you have done? should I have just stayed out of it? or did I do the right thing...that's all I was trying to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:06 PM on Apr. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• you did the right thing - children need to be protected
    Anonymous

• I think you did the right thing. This may sound somewhat cold, but even if nothing is going to be done for your little cousin, maybe something will be done to keep that man from hurting another child.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 6:10 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• if you left it alone...there's grown adults on here that say that they were molested but their families always blamed it on them or kept it in denial...then as a grown teen or adult they would remember it and you would look back upon this situation and wished you would of done something about it.

your feelings are mixed because you dont want to cross your family and make them all hate you. even if your wrong, at least you found out your wrong and not assumed it
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 6:13 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• Op here- I did not realize I posted this under the just for fun section...please no bashing. I will post again under something more appropriate.
    Anonymous

• You absolutely 100% did the totally right thing. It will get investigated, and if there was no wrong doing than the man will be exonerated, if he did something wrong then you stepped up and helped an innocent child. Silence is the worst response to accusations of abuse. I am sure that was a very hard thing for you to do, but it was with out a doubt the right thing. I think deep down you know that, but wanted to hear (read) it from others - which is a natural response when doing the right thing is difficult.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:30 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• You totally did the right thing.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:10 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• you did the right thing!
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 10:14 PM on Apr. 25, 2010