While at work she states "I can't do that(lift a jug of water), I'm trying to get pregnant" She is a nurse, so am I am I allowed to knock some sense into her?

Really? Our management is agreeing with her!!! No doctor restrictions, NOTHING! Just since she says she is TRYING to get pregnant, so more or less, she is having sex she does not have to lift anything????

What is this world coming to? Do you think our employer is afraid of saying no? How can I put an end to this? My work load has drastically increased since I have to do what she says she cannot (the dirty work).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:35 PM on Apr. 25, 2010 in Money & Work

• as a nurse, I want to say, yes....knock some sense into her! Or have a discussion with your immediate supervisor, asking how long this is going to continue and what would happen if ALL nurses of childbearing age said that?
    Anonymous

• that has to be the most ridiculousthing that I have ever heard.... if I worked with you, I would be raising Cain right along side ya!!

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 6:42 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• she's taking advantage of the system...and lifting crap won't affect TRYING to get pregnant, but rather hinder your pregnancy. so i'd say unless you are...quit acting like a whiner!
    Anonymous

• OMG! If she is this lame now, imagine how bad she'll be when she IS pregnant. Will she expect to sit on her but all day at work and have you all cater to her pregnancy?

Anonymous

• i would tell them that i am too and i want the "restrictions" that she has and then extra breaks to eat so i could keep my child-bearing figure. that will make them tell her to get to work.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 6:47 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• clappinglol @ angevil I was going to say the same thing.

nautired

Answer by nautired at 6:52 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• tell them you are trying to get pregnant and that the management can make up the difference in the workload....
    Anonymous

• first lifting things although they say it will, it will not hurt you or the baby if you ARE pregnant so how the hell is some one who is only TRYING to get pregnant going to get hurt. I mean what do they think parents who are pregnant and have to carry a 30 pound child "survive". I mean yes lifting thing that weigh over a certain amount if picked up wrong can cause pregnancy problem but a jug of water? No, exspecially not some one who is only trying. Sorry just reminds me of how woman think because they are prenant they can lie around all day and do nothing and all kind of "restrictions" like being pregnant is an illness. It isn't and right now i would just wait in a year from now when she is 80 pounds over weight and is crying about it, tell her why. because of things like this..

I agree with angevil though.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 7:39 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• a girl did this to me last week. tried throwing her work load onto me. My manager told me to pick up the slack and i said "hell no"...tell her to bring a doctors excuse and i will be more than happy to do so but until then i'm not gonna do it. I mean, if i had to do that every day i would have a back ache. (we trade out side work) I'm not doing that crap every day!
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:02 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• Just tell your supervisor that you are trying to get pregnant too......No I am just kidding but then who would pick up the workload then? This is the most ridiculous thing that I have ever heard. If it was me I am sure that I would tell her that she is full of crap and it will not hurt her. Probably the correct way to handle the situation would be to bring it up to your superiors. I see that the previous posters have the same sense of humor when I scrolled back up to reread things. This should not be tolerated its just a bad excuse to not work. Without a doctors note I don't even see how they are going along with it.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:32 PM on Apr. 25, 2010