Serious situation please give me your advice.

I received a phone call today from my little cousin who at some point during the conversation mentioned that another little cousin of ours 5 years old, was touched "down there" by her grandma's boyfriend also known to the kids as "grandpa". After our conversation I called the child abuse hotline and gave them the information that I was told. The reason I did that is because we have a history of incest in our family and it is always a hush, hush thing or somehow gets brought up but then never mentioned again. Very sad and disgusting but true. I have mixed feelings about what I did. What would you have done? should I have just stayed out of it? or did I do the right thing...that's all I was trying to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:38 PM on Apr. 25, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• you did the right thing.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 6:42 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• You absolutely did the right thing

Answer by rkoloms at 6:43 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• You did the right thing! If your family can't see that, then they are morons. Big hugs and good job looking out for the little girls in your family.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:43 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• You did the right thing and you should be proud of yourself. Even if it turns out not to be true what you did was right. No child should have to go through that and you took a step to stop it. You were responsible and smart.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 6:43 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• You absolutely did the right thing.
    Anonymous

• You were protecting an innocent child, you did the right thing. Please do not second guess yourself.
    Anonymous

• You did the right thing this is never ok.
    Anonymous

• I agree you did the right thing! I had a freind who was being touched by her grandpa- never said anything when it was going on. My mom use to let me sleep @ her Gpa's with her. Years after we had moved & I lost touch her with her the FBI tracked me down bc she named me as a POSSIBLE abused kid. It came out bc he had raped her 3yr old cousin leading to stiched in her rectum. :( If she would have reported it when we were kids she would have saved that little girl as well as some of the other cousins..
    Anonymous

• I agree, you did the right thing

Answer by admckenzie at 7:57 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I would have done that to. you did the right thing. Good job. :)
    bensmum25

Answer by bensmum25 at 11:15 PM on Apr. 25, 2010