Discharge question *TMI*

I am pregnant and I have a thick white discharge. It is chunky and cottage cheese like. It is heavy too. It does not cause any itching or discomfort though.. I have a doctor appointment in a few days so I will ask him, but just wondering if this sounds normal or like an infection. I know extra discharge is normal, but is it supposed to be this heavy and chunky?

I would not worry about it except when I am intimate with hubby it gets on him and after wards he is kinda covered in it in that area. He showers as soon as were done but I just want to know if it is normal or not because it is rather gross.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Apr. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like a yeast infection to me. The itching and discomfort could come later, you don't always have to have that right away for it to be a yeast infection.
    Anonymous

• sounds normal except the chunky part. mine was always thick white n creamy. never had an infection before. extra hormones makes it this way.. got on my hubby too lol. GL
    Anonymous

• Does it smell? I never had this, so I'm not sure, but I know if there's a smell it's abnormal.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 7:26 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• Chunky is not normal. It should be gooey. A smell is especially bad. However, you should be safe to wait a few days until your doctor's appointment. That way you can treat it the proper way, and not assume it's a yeast infection and find out it's not. GL!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:44 AM on Apr. 26, 2010