i need to take a flight, i'll be 11 weeks @ the time, am i able to fly?

sallyjoy

Asked by sallyjoy at 7:12 PM on Apr. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It is safe to fly when pregnant. Do not fly to close to your due date though. Most doctors say no flying after about 32-34 weeks but before then it is fine.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 7:13 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• Yes it is the last trimeseter they will not let you fly. But you might want to make sure. I have heard some flight will not let you fly when pregnant. I was 5 weeks pregnant and fly.
    Anonymous

• Yes. You are never not allowed to fly when you are pregnant unless you are on bedrest or something like that. Once you hit 30 weeks, drs usually discourage flying or going on trips because you could go into labor and might be able to get home. I went to Disney World when I was 20 some weeks pregnant. Just warning you, I was horribly sick on the plane and I'm assuming it was because I was pregnant because its never happened before or after that.
    Anonymous

• I was 8 months when I flew across the country. I asked my OB for his advice and he said go for it. I asked him what do I do if the baby comes? He said go to a hospital. LOL!

Answer by Bmat at 7:21 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I flew to India and back at 6 1/2 months. Thirty-six hours one way. You'll be fine!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 7:35 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• Thirty-six hours one way.

With stops, of course lol. A flight to India is NOT 36 consecutive hours LOL.
    Anonymous

• You'll be fine. Try to get a seat where you can stretch your legs a bit, and where you can get up and walk around frequently.
    We flew Southwest when I was about 14 weeks. You can get pre-boarding for being pregnant, which allowed me the chance to get a seat with those things.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:41 AM on Apr. 26, 2010