me and my fiance trevor are getting married soon, then he's off to military basic training, and I'll be on base as a stay-at-home mom.I wanted to know, what is it like to be a military mom?

LizzTrev614

Asked by LizzTrev614 at 7:14 PM on Apr. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• There are some military spouse groups you can join.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 8:32 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• Please don't take this wrong - but it's military wife, not military mom. If you have a child in the military, you're a military mom. You're a wife.
    Anonymous

• Being a military spouse is a lot of work. You have to be strong and be a mother and father at times. You have to be prepared to suck up your feelings and learn to go in and out of a robot like mode (especially during deployments). And if you have older children you have to be prepared to explain where daddy is and when he will be back! Also be prepared to have a lot of people tell you that you got yourself into this and that you should of known what you were getting into! A lot of people don't understand what its like! Feel free to message me if you ever have anymore questions!
    lovie04256

Answer by lovie04256 at 10:01 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• u cannot live on base while hes in boot camp
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 8:37 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• You can't live on base until he's stationed somewhere--after bootcamp, combat training and schooling.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:42 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Its pretty awesome. Welcome to the military family.DO you know what your husbands MOS is yet?Be ready to be alone for a week or more sometimes.ALWAYS live on post/base.Unless you happen to find a NOT crapy cheap enough place near by lol.I belong to a group Fort Meade Wives.Once you know where you will be PCSing to look up the base/post group for information about where you will be living. Also if you can have your hubby get a home 1st before you move.I was stuck living in a hotel with a baby for over a month.That was about 2+grand.If I had stayed home like I wanted to we would have had that money lol.Housing list may be long or they can be short.Good luck
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 9:29 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• It also depends on HOW long the schooling is for you to live with him.My husband school was 9 months.So I got to move where he was.We have now been here since 07.So if its a short school expect to stay home a little longer.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 9:31 AM on Apr. 26, 2010