Do you know how many god's are mentioned in the bible?

Some of the Gods Mentioned in the Bible
not an exhaustive list
Adrammelech II Kings 17:31 Sepharvite sun god (day to Anammelech’s night).
Anammelech II Kings 17:31 Sepharvite lunar goddess (night to Adrammelech’s day).
Asherah II Kings 23:6
& Jeremiah 7:18 Yahweh’s consort; the mother goddess and “queen of heaven.”
Ashima II Kings 17:30 Samaritan lunar goddess.
Ashtoreth I Kings 11:05 Canaanite goddess (version of Ishtar).
Baal or Ba’al I Kings 18:19 Canaanite god (“lord” or “master”) of fertility, vegetation, and storms.
Baal-berith Judges 8:33 A regional variation/aspect of Baal.
Baal-Peor Numbers 25:03 Moabite regional variation/aspect of Baal.
Baal-zebub Luke 11:19 Philistine/Ekronian regional variation/aspect of Baal.
Baalim I Kings 18:18 Canaanite gods (“lords” or “masters”), a collective of the different aspects of Baal.

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 7:23 PM on Apr. 25, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Once again, this has always been one of the MANY biblical facts which have not allowed me to have any faith in Christianity or other Mono-Theistic religions... The very 10 commandments which were supposedly sent down as the unquestionable rules from "GOD" yet in those very commandments the idea of Mono-Theism is completely undermined... If a God is a God, one would have to assume that they are worth our honor... That's the point of God. It's a higher power, bigger than us... How can Christianity both provide proof of other gods and then refuse to accept that they exist? It's counter intuitive and senseless! Also, if you see these other gods as imperfect yet accept that they do exist, as evident by the commandment not to worship other Gods, you then would have to accept that THIS God is also imperfect, otherwise they wouldn't all be considered Gods...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:41 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• Baalim I Kings 18:18 Canaanite gods (“lords” or “masters”), a collective of the different aspects of Baal.
    Bel Isiah 46:01 Assyrian/Babylonian/Sumerian god (“lord” or “master”) aspect of Baal.
    Chemosh I Kings 11:07 Moabite war god.
    Dagon I Samuel 05:02 Philistine/Ekronian/Babylonian god of grain and agriculture.
    Diana of the Ephesians Acts 19:35 Ephesian moon and nature goddess, (equivalent of the Greeks Artemis).
    Jupiter Acts 14:12 King of the Roman gods.
    Mercurius Acts 14:12 Roman god of communication and travel, and messenger of the gods. Also known as Mercury.
    Milcom I Kings 11:05 & 07 Ammonite god of fire (also known as Moloch, Molech, Molekh, or Molek).
    Nebo or Nebu Isiah 46:01 Assyrian/Babylonian/Chaldean god of wisdom and writing (Some scholars think Moses may be a humanized adaption of Nebu).
    Nergal II Kings 17:30 Cuth/Assyrian/Babylonian war and underworld
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:23 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• Nibhaz II Kings 17:31 Avites god.
    Nisroch II Kings 19:37 Assyrian god of agriculture; also called Dagon, and could be a different version of Nusku.
    Rimmon II Kings 05:18 Babylonian/Syrian storm god; also known as Ramman or Rammon, and most likely an alternate version of Baal.
    Succoth-benoth II Kings 17:30 Babylonian fertility goddess (“she who produces seed”).
    Tammuz Ezekial 8:14 Assyrian/Babylonian/Sumerian god of food and vegetation.
    Tartak II Kings 17:31 Avites god.

Here is another link to more.

http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/contra/gods.html
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:24 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• Yes? I'm not entirely sure the point.... are you saying because they are mentioned in the Bible that they should be worshipped? That they exist? I do believe they exist, but that doesn't make them good or worthy of worship or even what people think they are. There were many "gods" who had identities based in what people believed of them. The Creator God commanded to worship Him alone. There is no god like him. But there is an imposter and an enemy who seeks to draw men's hearts away from the True God. The Bible is very clear on that.
    Anonymous

• That they exist sorry I didn't make that clear. I see to many times on here where people say only ONE GOD exists. I find it funny the very bible they quote says other wise. By the way the creator god is not his name it is God almighty the creator god refers to Amen-ra. An Egyption God of creation.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:37 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I love you answer sabrina so true.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:45 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• Oh wow, this is a good post hot-mama. Once again Sabrina you have made a thought provoking point. I love you both.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:49 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• They are mentioned that they were worshipped as Gods. That doesn't mean that they were actual Gods. God tells us not to have any God's before Him. That means ones that we imagine are real. He doesn't mention if they are real or not, leaving us the choice to make up our own minds. There's the free will again!
    Anonymous

• It doesn't come out and say that anon :16. That is left up for interpretation and you know it. If there are NO other gods then why even mention them AS gods and not people.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 9:36 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• Do you know how many books there are besides the bible?
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 9:56 PM on Apr. 25, 2010