So..how exactly am i suppose to pay for childcare ?

I am tired of people saying ( to SAHMs) to get a job...and then say it is NOT an excuse that their entire paycheck ( if they would work) would go fully to the daycare..therefore, only working to pay for someone to watch your child....

I mean, that is a very good reason not to work..what would be the point of working then, do you think if they did that, they would then fit your standards of a contributing family member?

I have also seen a few times, someone saying that PA will pay for childcare -- wouldnt you be more upset then? If we are not on PA now, but I would need to get a job AND get on PA....just so my kids can go to daycare and I could have a job...isnt that just dumb ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:43 PM on Apr. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• totally agree. you go girl. vent it.
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 7:49 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I have been a SAHM since my oldest was born 5 years ago I was achually 7 months pregnant last time I worked. I love that I get to be able to stay home with my kids, but there are times where I wished I did work to get time with other adults and time away from the kids. But with 2 kids I checked around when my youngest was born because I was thinking of going back to work. Everywhere I called wanted at least 300-360.00 a week. I couldn't afford that. I mean I don't have experiance so which means I would only get minimum wage so that would be my whole entire paycheck and them some of DH so ya what is the point in working if I am not going to get any of that money. So I just stay home with them.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 7:53 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I agree with you as well. To work JUST to pay for daycare would be STUPID. I am a teacher, but unfortunately have been cut thanks to budget issues. If I do not get my position back this August, I will be staying home. WHY - a minimum wage job, or even subbing/assistant teaching pay would not cover 2 KIDS in daycare PLUS other bills like my salary now does.

Anonymous

• They have an agency that you can go to and get day care and pay according to your income. If you have no income then it's free. When you get money coming in then it will go up.
    Anonymous

• *OP HERE*
    anon :01 .... that would work for some...but like in my case, where we live we have ONE daycare...and it isnt that way... I would have to drive to the next town over ( which is over 30 minutes) ..... then of course add in the gas...
    Anonymous

• You need to get over yourself and stop making excuses -- you could apply yourself and get a good job ! You just dont want to !
    Anonymous

• I agree which is why I'd rather stay home and watch my own girls..
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 8:33 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• When I had my second child I was planning on going back to work and I found a job and figured out that after paying for daycare for both my kids(one would have been only after school) and gas to get to work I wouldn't be making any money. I was offered a job baby sitting in my home for $100 a week for 1 little boy which was more than if I took the other job so I just did that. If you aren't going to make money there is no point in getting a job. It's not going to help your family if you aren't making money.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 8:42 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I agree.

I looked for jobs - then looked at daycare and afterschool care for my 3 kids. it would be about $1500 for all three for one month. and well....the pay I'd get would be about $1800. that would mean that I'd go home with only $300.

so not worth it.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 8:48 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I am a SAHM, and , yes I do have a full time job. I am a full time mom. I get paid daily with hugs and kisses and "I love you Mommy". I do have a college education, so I could get a decent job, but no job could pay as much as my current position:)
    Anonymous