Husband has another woman's name tattooed on himself...

So me and my husband have been together for 17 years... recently he had what I believe is a mid-life crisis...we worked things out - to a point...but now I dont know if I can deal with it anymore...

While we seperated, he dated another woman who was 22 y/o ...they only dated for about 2 months...during that time he got a tattoo of her name -- he only has one other tattoo ( one he got before we got married) ...I am so upset not only because after 17 years he has never showed interest in getting one, especially not my name...and the after 7 weeks...he gets someone elses? How can i get over that? Everything else he has done I have gotten over , we have worked through it...but i just cane get over the fact that he did that...

( and yes, he is getting it covered...but I will still always know what it is)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:54 PM on Apr. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• That is a tough one, if you forgave him for the relationship what makes the tatoo any worst? If you are going to forgive and give him a chance after the unfaithfullness, what difference does the tatoo (specially after it is covered), make?

Answer by older at 7:57 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• make him get it removed. I heard it hurts..that'll teach him.
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 7:59 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I'm sure she pushed him into getting it. The most I would be upset over is his ignorance. Get a doctor to remove it, don't cover it up.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:59 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• ouch!! hope you can figure things out!!
    Anonymous

• You said he was having a midlife crisis so don't take the fact that he got her name so seriously; he prob did it on a whim, wanted to feel young and reckless, and maybe to impress her.. If you guys worked everything out and you can live with the whole situation then you need to get over it( tattoo).

Anonymous

• ooh, i know how you feel. My ex has his ex wifes name tatted on his ring finger. Well at first i thought whatever but in 7 yrs of being together he NEVER would have marked out or even would put a ring over it.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:06 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• "You said he was having a midlife crisis so don't take the fact that he got her name so seriously; he prob did it on a whim,"

Oh Puleeze! I can't disagree more with that type of flippant attitude! He got the name of a girl that is young enough to be his daughter TATOOED on himself?! And you say to not take that seriously?

I couldn't be more furious for you (considering that I don't even know you! LOL) So, really I can't say anything that will make you feel better about this!!

So sorry..... ((Big Hugs))

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 8:15 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• UGH! i agree with having him getting it removed. it DOES hurt. tell him it'll give you more peace of mind than getting it covered because if he covers it it'll still "be there"
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 8:20 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• yeah, thats pretty wierd. i would not be able to deal with that. maybe you guys arent ment to stay together.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 8:20 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• Anonymous, You do have the upper hand if you can be calm enough to think about it.... He has the tattoo, yes, but, it's on his arm, not yours.. My point is, just the fact that he has it on his arm tells you he will be carrying alot of guilt.. He most likely will have it gone, than just covered.. After all these yrs. w/each other, I truly feel he was so lost w/out you he did a dumbass thing.. Give it a little while & it'll be "his" idea to get rid of it on his own.. You will forget after this.. Take Care Honey, Donna....
    dobrd

Answer by dobrd at 8:51 PM on Apr. 25, 2010